EternalVowz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Love thy neighbor as thyself"

Go down

"Love thy neighbor as thyself" Empty "Love thy neighbor as thyself"

Post  Heather Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:38 pm

thy neighbour as thyself.'Love is letting the other be, but with concern and affection.'
R.D. Laing

All a sane man can ever care about is giving love.
Hafiz

What really makes a difference to me is whether you listen to me with an open heart, acknowledging that fundamentally we are in the same boat; that we feel empathy for each other and that we can meet in our aloneness and companionship. Then we might find joy in our hearts. We are companions on the way, spiritual friends who are not trying to outsmart one another by our wit, intellect, and 'power clothes' or prove, 'I am right and you are wrong'.

If we can admit our vulnerability we can have a good laugh at our predicament, how precarious our existence and what a joke that we are trying to hide it from ourselves and each other, rather than getting on with whatever it is we are doing, simply, from the heart. Our wits would become sharper and what a celebration there would be if all of us humans, can you imagine would just drop hanging on to our puny identities, and have a song and dance.

This is what I understand by 'love thy neighbour as thyself' ... to wish other people what you wish for yourself ... the gift of effortless being, in harmony with the laws of life, and with love in our hearts.

Ease comes from not having to pretend at all.

Writings by Mina Semyon
You can buy The Distracted Centipede from Trafford Publishing

Heather

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-10-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum